Leads development of products and under general guidance of the Manager, Brand Development, participates in the development and implementation of global brand development plans by independently gathering information and providing key review at various points in the planning process, develops analyses of pricing, cost and competitor information, develops options for products and packaging, and ensures the accurate, consistent communication of information to the manager, Brand Development and to key partners. Generates and evaluates solutions to address timeline issues as they arise and provides recommendations to reporting Manager and Business Leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Under direction of Reporting Manager, provides analytic insight towards the overall lifecycle management of assigned products/ subcategories by creating recommendations (i.e. visuals, spreadsheets/ sales and financial charts) based on sales data, insights/findings 15%
2. Assist in the competitive & market trend research. Researches and reviews independent sales force and industry feedback in the form of blogs, editor reviews, etc. and makes recommendations toward future product launches. 45%
3. Supports Management in the development and execution of new products, new packaging and existing product updates. May be assigned as Business Lead for new product development projects; including formula direction/3PL brief, claims direction & consumer insights research, CPVs, naming/positioning direction & packaging/artwork direction. 25%
4. Have holistic understanding of MKI category portfolio, competitive marketplace & target consumer for Concept Proposal creation & recommendation; also includes financial review, RTBE, portfolio differentiation/white space & product lifecycle validation. 15%
In addition to the above, incumbent is expected to meet the required competencies for this position as defined in the competency profile.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in marketing or business administration, plus
Experience: 5+ years. Beauty industry and/or direct selling experience preferred
1. Must demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze competitive, cost and historical information and to prepare price comparison charts.
2. Must demonstrate the ability to develop options and recommend pricing, develop and tabulate results of feedback surveys and ensure the accuracy of communications.
3. Proficiency in Excel for Windows is required to format and analyze product, pricing, packaging, promotion and other product marketing management information.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to develop independent sales force feedback surveys; initiate outlines and drafts of presentations; prepare initial drafts of packaging copy; and assist in the review and approval of copy.
5. Requires both a high attention to detail as well as broad strategic thinking abilities (e.g. country/product and launch plans, communication strategies, etc.).
6. May attend local or project-specific trade shows, some travel may be required.