About the Role
Coach, mentor, train and lead branch staff in skills that reflect a service methodology and philosophy to create and foster a sales oriented culture. Promote quality service and provide positive leadership to the Kitsap Credit Union team. Assist with the development and execution of the branch/department strategic plan in conjunction with and support of the credit union strategic plan.
Some of What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the direction of daily operations, sales, service, employee development, safety, compliance and security. Assist with management of branch cash requirements, conduct vault and teller drawer audits and balance branch totals daily, as required.
- Enhance organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proactively generate new loan and membership business through branch sales activities, network with local businesses and participate in community events.
- Actively contribute in the area of continuous quality improvement, solicit and contribute new ideas and methods to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Build market position by locating, developing and closing business relationships.
- Educate and introduce current and new members to self-service and assisted self-serve options, with continual education as new products and electronic services are introduced.
- Maintain effective communication with credit union management and staff to ensure coordination and exchange of information in support of branch/department/credit union goals.
- Apply risk management practices and assist with the implementation of performance controls.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality relative to any information received directly or indirectly as it relates to the organization, membership, staff and management.
- Assist with the administration of credit union personnel policies including supervision, staffing, hiring, firing, training, coaching, developing, and counseling.
- Complete, provide to branch manager, and deliver approved employee evaluations in a timely manner, verifying that all standards are being met or addressed with a plan of action to support staff success. Conduct regular quality control observations in the areas of sales and service with employees to provide feedback and ensure quality member service.
- Assist with expense control through efficient operations.
- Maintain up to date lending, underwriting, and product knowledge and operate within established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Review underwriting decisions and make recommendations to the VP of Lending as necessary.
- Plan, organize and direct daily branch/department activities and workflows to ensure efficient and effective operations as it relates to new account, lending, and member services.
- Promote a sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Support growth and development of new/existing member relationships and participate in credit union outreach as it relates to the local branch and community and as outlined in the branch/department strategic plan.
- Ensure that branch staff is trained/cross trained as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies and trends as they apply to the branch/department. Provide technical and coaching support to staff, and assist members with special problems and complex transactions.
- Provide data and reports on staffing, productivity, operational efficiency and effectiveness and status of the branch/department to the branch/department manager along with recommendations resulting in efficiencies and or more effective operations.
- Act as, and on behalf of, the branch manager in their absence.
- Contribute to effective department and credit union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years managerial or supervisory experience required. Combination of education, KCU experience and participation in KCU programs such as Leadership Development Program may be considered in lieu of years of experience.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and extended business hours.
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System within 30 days of hire and comply with the SAFE Act regulations.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Learn and maintain strong level of Kitsap Credit Union’s core operating systems and self-service technology (iPhones, Androids, etc.).
How You’ll be Success!
- Communication: You pride yourself on deliver clear, effective communications and possess active listening skills.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills, experience, across geographies and levels within the organization.
- Change agent and Innovator: You are comfortable with educating and influencing others through change and don’t shy away from challenging the status quo. You consider the needs of the customer, candidate ^ business to identify creative solutions that work for all.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You focus on utilization of best practices.
- Effective Enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive mindset.
- Passion and Pride in Your Work: You have excellent communication sills and generate enthusiasm to excite candidates about Kitsap Credit Union and ensure the consistency and quality of how KCU is represented externally via job postings, social media and recruitment events.
- Analytical and Logical: You are able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information.
- Growth Mindset: you thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Diverse Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites.
What to Expect!
KCU offers a comprehensive total rewards package, as well as a fun, diverse, professional and creative work environment.