- Responsible for assembling, grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made from metal, stone, plastic, and/or glass.
- Will use hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface in accordance with blueprints, work instructions, measurements and/or prototypes.
- Inspects for flaws or cracks.
- A degree of skill, technique and mechanical knowledge is desired.
- In accordance with work orders, job directions and dimensional drawings, retrieves components and/or supplies from designated stock areas and set up the work area.
- Assemble product(s) to blueprint specifications.
- Study blueprints or layouts to determine how to layout workpieces or saw out templates.
- File grooved, contoured, and irregular surfaces of metal objects, such as metalworking and machine parts, to conform to templates, other parts, layouts, or blueprint specifications.
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Trim, scrape, or deburr objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools and equipment.
- Red tag defects (i.e. cracks and/or splits) for repair identifying issues and/or problems.
- Record either product or processing data on specified forms.
- Wrap product after the final assembly is complete.
- Maintain or repair equipment.
- Sharpen abrasive grinding tools.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance a plus.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Assembly: 1 year (Required)
- Hand Tools: 1 year (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: