Apex Tool Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Assembler – Lexington, SC
We are currently looking for Assembler I associates who are responsible for assembling complex structures, components and parts using hand and power tools to produce finished goods. Incumbents are responsible for testing assembled tools to ensure appropriate functionality and adherence to specification and customer expectation.
Assembler I associates report to the Assembly Supervisor and will support the Team Lead for the Assembly department in daily objectives and tasks. He or she will also work closely with leaders from the various support functions such as Engineering, Quality, and Operational Excellence (OpEx).
- Retrieve racking containing materials and components for part from respective storage location
- Examine structural parts, components, and subassemblies to ensure they meet quality standard
- Position parts, components, and subassemblies, and assemble using hand or power tools
- Occasionally rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or subassemblies to service tools
- Participate in First Article Inspections (FAIs) to test tool functionality and conformance
- Perform periodic quality checks throughout assembly process
- Maintain hour-by-hour production log for self and others
- Promote 5S within the respective cell or area
- Other duties as required to successfully perform the job
Critical Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures to ensure adherence to process
- Ability to work in a team environment at a high rate of speed with attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime as needed, on a daily or weekly basis, and alternate shifts as needed
- Ability to occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 40 lbs
At Apex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com), we build innovation. Each day, our associates strive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their most complex challenges. By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insights and spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite – we help build the future.
ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues. Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH®, SATA®, Crescent®, Cleco®, Weller® and APEX®. Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike. With our roots dating back to the 1800’s, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career. You’ll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.
Our six core values – Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement, Innovation for Growth, Passion to Succeed and Best Talent, One Team – drive our daily decisions. Connect with us on social media to learn more – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
If your goal is to work where finding a better way never ends and your ideas become reality, join us and say #WeBuildATG!