Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As a Merchandising Senior Visualization Engineer, you will unlock the benefit of data building storytelling visualization to enable Merchandising Excellence. You will collaborate with the Merchandising team and become an expert to inspire actions through data stories.
Using your communication skills, you will collaborate with executives and business experts to understand how they consume information and business needs. You will transform data into visualization narratives. You will translate business needs into data requirements and coordinate projects with Technology partners. You are an innovator who is looking to take the function to the next level.
A job search is equally about finding the right work as it is about finding the right team so let’s tell you a little about our team. Our vision is to be a place where diverse, motivated people want to come, to grow and to do their best work. APLA is a team formed with people from many countries in Latin America, Asia and the US. We promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion and this is reflected in our hiring process. We believe diversity is what makes us stronger.
- Build and deploy data visualization reports, dashboards and insights within a focused area of the Nike business value stream to enable business decisions, drive performance and lead to the accomplishment of annual goals
- Project manage and deliver large visualization projects with multiple business stakeholders on firm deadlines
- Utilize expertise to collaborate with key partners to understand requirements to support business needs, drive knowledge into action and support data driven decision making
- Work independently and take initiative to identify, explore and solve problems
- Good understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example, Snowflake, SQL, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others
- Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor’s degree required, two additional years of related work experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience developing dashboards, data visualizations and self-service tools
- Experience in leveraging data visualization and dashboarding techniques to make complex data more accessible, understandable and usable to drive business decisions and outcomes
- Experience with data extraction and analysis technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, SAS, QlikView, SQL or similar tools
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.