An Art Director on Marcom’s Interactive Retail team works closely with other creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant customer experiences for Apple.com, the Apple Store App, and other digital platforms.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of the interactive creative processes; a consistent track record of developing and implementing design strategies and brand campaigns across multiple platforms with limited direction from an Associate Creative Director, in particular for digital retail, social, and the marketing of major brands.
- Concepting fresh, inspired ideas that are tailored to the interactive space
- Developing innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences which are highly resolved from a formal perspective, and which meet the objectives of the assignment
- Solving problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive and brand teams, including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, and developers
- Art directing designers, as well as photographers and illustrators as necessary
- Presenting persuasively and clearly articulating design rationale
- Communicating effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect
- Using design and prototyping software including, but not limited to, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Principle
- Experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication
- Expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, and collateral
- Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce with efficiency quality work on time, and to specification.
Offers guidance to designers, helping to ensure continuity through all the design pieces.
Executes hands-on design consistently throughout duration of the project(s), alongside other members of visual design team, from start to finish, pitching in for whatever design or production tasks need doing, large or small.
Consults and involves ACD in reviews and throughout project, to ensure content and execution are on brief and align with leadership’s vision.
Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group.
Establishes relationship with UX to ensure alignment on deliverable quality and structure.