Are you a hard worker with architectural sheet metal experience?
JR & Co. has been in the business for over 30 years and is one of the leading roofing contractors in the Kansas City area with locations in Colorado and Florida as well. We are growing at a rapid speed and looking to expand our team. We are currently hiring for a full time Architectural Sheet Metal Journeyman with motivation and a great eye for detail.
As an Architectural Sheet Journeyman, you will work as part of a spirited team that knows how to get a job done. This position is responsible for carrying out the day to day production needs of the company by ensuring quality workmanship.
As a journeyman on our sheet metal teams you must be a motivated hard working team player with a positive attitude and ability to communicate.This position is responsible for carrying out the day to day sheet metal production needs of the company by ensuring quality workmanship.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help set-up, maintain and clean-up project sites as well as warehouse to ensure safe work practices and compliance with OSHA at all times
- Install Formawall Centria DS58 & DS60 metal wall panels, custom preformed metal wall & soffit panels, Parapet Coping & cut miters, custom sheet metal flashing & trim, Fascia, panel sills, profile closures and window flashings
- Demonstrate great time-management skills, reliability and punctuality, ensuring completion of daily job duties
- Must show up promptly to job site ready to complete high quality work; requesting clarification or assistance when needed
- Must demonstrate respect to customers, supervisors and team members communicating all concerns in a professional manner utilizing the open door policy and adhering to JR & Co. standards of conduct and company policies at all times
- Must properly manage all assigned tools, equipment, and material
- Understanding of right and responsibility to report any safety concern or issue and stop work
- Perform all sheet metal activities necessary for projects with a hardworking positive attitude
- Ability to perform elevated work routinely lifting and carrying at least 100lbs
- OSHA 10 hour training – minimum
- Experience working with metal roofing, coping and above listed materials
- Pass initial employment drug test and participate in random drug test program
- Represents the company in a referable, respectable, and reliable manner
- This position requires a hard working individual with the ability to follow direction with great attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain security clearance on military job sites
- Motivated and team minded.
- Specific Sheet Metal installation and repair
GREAT BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION PACKAGE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Roofing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sheet Metal: 3 years (Required)
- Drivers (Preferred)
- United States (Required)