With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle.
The Senior Principal Software Engineer plays an important role in Oracle’s plan to disrupt the market. This role is responsible for developing key product features and differentiators for the Student Cloud. As part of the Higher Ed Development team, this role works with product strategy, product management, customers, development, UX, QA, etc.) and will also be mentoring and other developers.
This is a senior position. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of all (relevant) Oracle, industry and related technologies, Fusion tech stack and other cloud products, and will be responsible for the continuing development of a world class, scalable product architecture and intuitive Student Cloud products which will be used by institutions and students world wide.
As a technical leader with the Oracle Student Cloud development team, you will work on and provide direction to projects that solve complex technical problems that provide substantial customer value and differentiator. You will be in regular interactions with other key executives, leaders and developers and work with team members spread across the globe. This is an extremely challenging, very fast paced, extremely rewarding and highly visible position.
- Must be an experienced full stack developer
- Must be familiar with multiple modern UI technologies/frameworks
- Versatile in cloud related technologies.
- Ability to provide technical and architectural leadership to a large, world-wide team.
- Deep architectural leadership experience in SaaS/Cloud as well as in enterprise software solutions.
- High degree of competence in written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating with Executive audiences.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 15-20 years of software engineering and technical leadership experience.
- Commercial experience as lead developer and / or architect of complex cross application products and/or underlying infrastructure that has shipped and in use by large number of customers.
- Highly familiar with Agile methodologies and experience in guiding agile teams
- Expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and distributed systems, both concurrent execution as well as multi-thread applications for consumer like products.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Self driven and highly motivated by meaningful and impactful work
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment.
- Passion and empathy for human/consumer centered design
- Highly results oriented, collaborative and creative and highly motivated to disrupt the Higher Ed space
- Have the drive and leadership abilities to inspire and influence others
- Ability to build relationships and influence outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.