The Growth, Protection and Separation (GPS) business unit of Thermo Scientific is looking for a self-motivated, customer-oriented Applications Scientist to add to the Centrifuge team. With the goal to achieve unsurpassed customer satisfaction by providing technical support / expertise to both internal/external customers, field-based sales, and internal team members (customer service, product management, regulatory affairs, R&D) on centrifugal separation. The ability to engage and interact with customers, deliver impactful presentations and evaluate customer applications and recommend proper solutions to meet their protocol needs are essential.
- Support commercial teams around the globe via direct customer interactions/presentations, leading webinars, problem-solving customer issues
- Establish Thermo Fisher as thought leader by delivering engaging presentations to individual customers or webinars to multiple customers on key industry topics
- Performance of application tests to support customer requests and problem solving with our products at customer sites / labs.
- Help in resolving customer complaints about the company and/or products provides feedback to management, quality and engineering regarding customer issues.
- Market surveillance on new trends in centrifugation applications and corresponding consumables and accessories.
- Support product management in the creation of Marketing Specification for new products
- Development and communication of product collateral (Smart Notes, Application Briefs, Articles, etc)
- Application Trainer for customer service, international teams and Distribution salespeople on new products and use of current products to achieve optimal separation
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry experience
- PhD preferred
- Ability to make appropriate independent decisions, based on individual situation, within company and departmental guidelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate aptitude and ability to gain knowledge and mastery of product lines.
- Possess analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to provide effective solutions to customers, based on their needs.