The Application Programmer Analyst Senior mentors and provides advanced technical analysis and recommendations to the team. The position also maintains an advanced level of technical expertise and is responsible for designing and developing new applications and supporting existing applications, while meeting defined software development standards.
Minimum education and/or experience:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Software development life cycle including user requirements, specifications, design, coding, testing, implementing, and documentation.
- Software architecture, design using Object-Oriented concepts, languages, and design patterns.
- Web and client server architecture.
- N-Tier application concepts and architectures.
- DevOps principles and execution.
- Relational database design.
- Coding standards (naming convention, comments, etc.
- Software quality (maintainability, reliability, usability.
- Source code management.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Accurate estimating and completing assignments on time.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product.
- Developing and maintaining tables, stored procedures and SSIS packages using SQL Server.
- Developing in or integrating with a SharePoint environment.
- Utilizing Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server to develop and manage code and tasks.
- Work independently in a dynamic technical environment while effectively managing time and exercising sound discretion and judgment.
- Complete deliverables in a self-directed manner.
- Transmit information verbally and to write/compose accurate information and facts using the proper level of detail to ensure understanding by others.
- Be flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Understand and clearly relate technical support information to other team members within the organization.
- Work closely with team members, multi-task in a fast paced environment, and demonstrate positive attitude.
- Engage others in a constructive two-way conversation, demonstrate professionalism, patience, tact, courtesy, and tolerance.
- Listen effectively, which includes assessing others’ understanding of the communications and modifying one’s communication style to fit the audience or situation.
- Understand the needs, requirement and constraints of customers.
- Involve customers and identify ways to improve their customer service experience.
- Work in an agile development environment.
Preferred education and/or experience:
- Model View Controller (MVC).
- Entity Framework (EF).
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Team Foundation Server administration/configuration or build and release management.
- Utilizing and configuring DevOps (CI/CD).
- Developing in SharePoint.
- Agile methodologies including estimating and backlog refinement.
- Financial applications or other multi-tier large scale distributed systems.
Mostly office setting in high volume, fast-paced environment. Requires long periods of sitting while completing computer activities. Must have the ability to walk 0.5 miles.
Essential Job Tasks
- Develops and documents functional specifications, detailed designs for applications and databases from which programs will be coded, tested, and debugged.
- Communicates effectively and explains business functions to programmers and technology to non-technical business users.
- Estimates time and effort for development tasks and coordinates with the Project Manager for incorporating estimates into project schedules.
- Develops software from approved designs adhering to all relevant standards.
- Focus continually on developing business knowledge and product features, maintains a consistently high level of quality for developed code, using sound unit testing and debugging principles.
- Mentors team members to ensure software is developed in compliance with established methodologies, architectural and development standards and best practices.
- Tests developed applications for accuracy, efficiency, and stability.
- Performs maintenance and support of existing applications and assists in troubleshooting software application issues as required by the support team.
- Reviews emerging technologies and participates in determining the future technology direction for the department.
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.