The Lead Group – Application Architect
The Lead Group, a rapidly growing digital marketing agency with offices in Atlanta and Kansas City is looking to expand operations in the Kansas City office. We are looking for an Application Architect, who will work within The Lead Group’s IT team in day-to-day operations, analysis, and reporting. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing information systems which will adequately support the organization. This position identifies new technologies, partners, and applications to enhance and improve the companies’ market or internal offerings.
- Analyze, design, and implement architectures that fulfill business and application requirements.
- Maintain existing applications and update their architectures to meet evolving business needs.
- Translate business and client requirements from domain experts into architectural decisions through standard practices.
- Provide technical guidance for system design, software development, and other regular engineering activities.
- Recommend and implement tools and other innovative solutions within the company and IT team.
- Effectively communicate architectural principles for development within a project.
- Perform code reviews in order to ensure execution according to established principles.
- Troubleshoot code related issues quickly and efficiently.
- Optimize applications for performance according to business requirements.
- Guide and train developers and data analysts on new or evolving systems.
- Assess new technologies and their potential benefit to the business. Perform cost/benefit analysis to determine associated risks and opportunities.
- Integrate internal and external systems/data sources using strategies of varying technical sophistication.
- Devise and articulate end-to-end technical solutions, including the various trade-offs involved and the reason for making a specific choice at each stage of the solution.
- Personally represent the Core Values of The Lead Group on a daily basis and encourage their development within the team
- 7+ years of relevant full-stack development experience.
- Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
- Broad experience in IT Software Development Life Cycle – Design, Development, Architecture, Testing.
- Experience designing and implementing microservice architectures and REST services.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills.
- Experience in leading projects.
- Understanding of relational database design and theory.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging methodologies, in a variety of technologies and environments.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Scalability and Non-functional Requirements (Performance, High Availability, Security).
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary technologies and frameworks blended with experience of working with relevant ones (React, Laravel, NodeJS, REST/JSON, MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Expert understanding of at least 1 backend and infrastructure technology in each category:
- Services: REST, Websockets, Messaging, Queues
- Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Data Sources: Relational, Non-Relational, and when to use one or the other.
- Documentation: UML, ADR, C4
- Other: Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Competitive Salary
- 100% employer paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid time off
- Casual working environment (Jeans and t-shirts daily!)
- Off-site events (Happy Hours, Annual Retreat, Charity Events)
Job Type: Full-time
- What are your salary requirements?