McKinley is seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our apartment communities in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI. This position is with our Owned Residential division working only at communities we own and operate as important long term assets.
In our business, our customers live with us and trust us to take great care of their homes inside and out. That’s where you come in! As a Maintenance Technician at McKinley, you will be responsible for ensuring our residents have friendly, fast, high quality maintenance service for their homes. You will interact with residents in their homes and throughout the community. This includes anything from emergency plumbing repairs to picking up trash on the grounds.
A bit more about what you’re going to do:
- It will be your job to provide fast, friendly, and high quality maintenance service for our residents.
- You will be responsible for diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as, but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall repair, general cleaning, appliance maintenance and exterior structure maintenance.
- Prepare vacant apartments for our next resident by carefully inspecting, evaluating performance, and making any necessary repairs.
- Ensure workplace safety through the participation of all applicable safety rules and requirements.
- Participate in emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance.
- For this position, it is required that you walk throughout the community. A golf cart is not provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place