The Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager leads a profitable and customer-centric environment through the successful development of a team and collaboration with the Visual Merchandising Manager. They are responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of a single store including; hiring and developing visual talent, fostering the merchant process, developing and applying merchant skills and managing execution of display to create a compelling, well curated customer experience.
AESTHETIC UNDERSTANDING & APPLICATION
- Has a strong understanding of trend and style that is reflective of the brand and core customer
- Serves as a visionary; oversees the execution of all presentation inclusive of merchandising, floor planning, display and outfitting
- Guides product placement and outfitting that is reflective of trend, reinforces brand messaging, and inspires the customer
- Partners with Store Brand Leader & Visual Merchandising Manager to establish systems that protect stock levels and uphold presentation standards
- Assists in setting an effective store structure & floor plan
- Helps Develop the store team to assess, apply inspiration and execute creatively
- Helps in the facilitation of the display process through idea generation and application of inspiration
- Partners with the Visual Merchandising Manager to ensure appropriate support and effective scheduling for visual priorities
- Develops team to connect brand aesthetic with store Social Media platforms
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Recruits, hires, and retains top talent to build bench for the store and brand
- Partners with the Visual Merchandising Manager to create and maintain a succession strategy
- Develops assessment skills and encourages an entrepreneurial approach with display and merchandising
- Plans and executes meetings and workshops that are collaborative, educational and motivational
- Administers performance appraisals, sets goals and conducts consistent touch-bases with direct reports
- Ensures that coaching and counseling is consistent and timely
- Takes responsibility for own development and professional growth, identifies and trains replacement in preparation for career progression
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately filters and communicates presentation initiatives
- Possesses strong assessment and decision-making skills
- Is an entrepreneur, takes smart risks with measurable results
- Provides global insight in relationship to merchandising, display and fixture needs to district leadership and home office
- Builds and maintains productive partnerships
- Attends prototypes, store openings, meetings and display workshops where applicable
- Cultivates an environment of creativity to engage the customer
- Acts as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values and aesthetic
- Understands store specific distinctions to guide and tailor the experience
- Engages with local community via events and social media platforms
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply online. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications. You can learn more about Anthropologie and all URBN brands at http://www.urbn.com/
As an Anthropologie employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.