POSITION TITLE: ANESTHESIOLOGIST – EJGH SURGERY CENTER
POSITION SUMMARY: The anesthesiologist provides services to patients undergoing surgery or diagnostic studies requiring sedation or anesthesia. This includes consultations with surgeons and appropriate subspecialists; pre-anesthetic evaluation and preparation; inter-operative anesthesia and monitoring, and post-anesthetic care. The anesthesiologist is also responsible for life support, including airway management, respiratory care, and other forms of physiologic support throughout the hospital and clinics when required. Pain management services for perioperative patients as well as consultations for pain management are also provided by the anesthesiologist. Additionally, the anesthesiologist provides technical oversight and assistance to the hospital’s conscious sedation team. The anesthesiologist also participates in continuing medical education, the education of medical students, residents, student anesthetists and nurses.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Degree of doctor of medicine (M.D.) or osteopathy (D.O.)
- Successful completion of a training program in anesthesiology accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or equivalent organization.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Louisiana.
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration (schedules II-IV) or no history of revocation of DEA registration (schedules (II-IV) within the past five years.
- Current Louisiana Controlled Dangerous Substance License.
- Permanent certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) or current recertification within the time interval required by the ABA.
- Documented continued competence in the specialty of anesthesiology in order to maintain clinical privilege.
- Compliance with the ABA Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program (MOCA).
- Compliance with Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners requirements for CME.
- Demonstration of competence in advanced life support.
- Responsibility for directing all anesthesia and sedation services for patients throughout the hospital (including all departments in all campuses and off-site locations where anesthesia services are provided.)
- Delivery of anesthesia services consistent with recognized standards for anesthesia care including:
- Patient consent;
- Infection control measures;
- Safety practices in all anesthetizing areas;
- Protocols for supportive life functions, e.g., cardiac and respiratory emergencies;
- Reporting requirements;
- Documentation requirements;
- Equipment requirements, as well as the monitoring inspection, testing, and maintenance of anesthesia equipment in the hospital biomedical equipment program.
- Ensures that a complete pre-procedural anesthesia/sedation evaluation is done no more than 48 hours prior to each procedure.
- Ensures that a complete post-procedural anesthesia/sedation evaluation is done no more than 48 hours after each procedure.
- Responsibility for planning, directing and supervising all activities for the anesthesia service for patient under their care.
- Responsibility for ensuring the quality of appropriateness of their anesthesia patient care.
- Participation in a planned program of quality assurance for evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of the anesthetic care delivered with resolution of any identified problems.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.