USA, Louisville, KY
JOB POSTING TITLE
Are you looking to work in a collaborative environment that drives growth and innovation? Join the GE Appliances Smart Home Solutions team and help develop Android applications for mobile devices and next generation of high end, consumer friendly, appliances. The Android Developer will contribute to an international team of developers working in an Agile development environment to define and develop feature rich applications for smart products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE DO:
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Develop and maintain software for Android applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure Software Development Process is followed, and appropriate documentation produced
- Work in a cross-functional team to architect full end-to-end smart appliance solutions
- Develop detailed design and test specifications.
- Work closely with platform leaders, product line design teams, industrial designers, and web teams to define new feature rich applications.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US:
- We are applying the latest techniques in software development such as Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, and Testing Automation to embedded software.
- Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- Participate in next generation features, system architecture definition, and end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release.
- MacBook Pros are available to our developers and the vast majority choose to use a Mac.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years Android Application Development
- Knowledge of Android Operating System fundamentals
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs and mockups to build functional, high-performance Android applications
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Knowledge of Software Development Tools & software languages: Java and Kotlin
- Knowledgeable of theory and use of Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools; git
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of responsive app design principles
- Android lifecycles using LiveData and Observer classes to create MVVM development patterns.
- Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Experience working with global software development team
- Experience using simulators and software analysis tools.
- Experience with Automation Testing
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.