Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40506
Why you'll love this job
- The Analyst/Sr Analyst, Safety Assurance position is part of our Corporate Safety team that directly supports the Integrated Operations Center (IOC) with the development and implementation of Safety policies and procedures, effective Risk Management processes, Safety Assurance oversight and monitoring, as well as encouraging a positive Safety culture through Safety training and promotion. This is an exciting opportunity where you can interact with our operation, build strong working relationships with our frontline and leadership, in addition to gaining hands-on experience with managing the airline operation. While this role requires dedication and hard work, you will find that the work you are doing is vital and rewarding.
- The Integrated Operations Center (IOC), is the heart of American Airlines and is responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day airline operation. IOC teams include Dispatch Operations, Central Load Planning, Crew Scheduling & Tracking, System Customer Service, Maintenance Operations Control, Emergency Planning & Response, as well as representatives from all other areas of our operation. These departments work together to keep our airline running on time, by ensuring safe and effective flight planning, as well as responding to any potential impact on our operation from adverse weather, air traffic control, and maintenance complications.
- Safety Policy & Procedure: Support IOC departments with Safety Management System (SMS) policy and procedure conformance, documentation, and continuous improvement, in accordance with the American Airlines SMS program and regulatory requirements.
- Safety & Risk Management: Support IOC departments with effective Risk Management processes, documentation, and quality assurance, in accordance with the AA SMS.
- Safety Assurance: Support IOC departments with the development and implementation of Safety Assurance processes, to ensure effective monitoring of hazards/risks, operational processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Safety Training & Promotion: Encourage a positive Safety culture through regular Safety training and promotion.
- Facilitation of SMS meetings and department working groups and documentation of meeting minutes. Cross-departmental coordination of risk management initiatives and liaison to other AA teams Coordination of regulatory compliance response and root cause analysis of events.
- Maintain and coordinate revisions to the IOC Policies & Procedures Manual. Maintain and regularly review the SMS Documentation database.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal customers, including operational IOC teams, corporate partners, and other AA operational safety personnel.
- Prepare presentations for leadership and IOC departments to review safety performance. Collaborate to continuously improve the team and individual performance, processes, and create efficiencies.
- Analyze trends and create ad-hoc analysis to support the IOC SMS process and Frontline Managers across the IOC.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience and training with SMS and 14 CFR Part 5 regulatory requirements. Experience with manual publication using Framemaker or equivalent application.
- Must be a highly organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize and perform within a deadline structured environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving experience (ability to prepare and analyze reports)
- Must be enthusiastic and able to interact professionally with all departments within the airline, divisional leadership, and with external partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without any legally required reasonable accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship. Note: If the Company has reason to question an employee’s physical ability to safely and/or successfully perform the position’s essential job functions, the HR team generally will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation is appropriate. HR (working with the operation) ordinarily first speaks with the team member directly and they mutually identify the physical demands of the job that are or may be impacted by the employee’s obvious or known condition. Then, if necessary, HR would request medical documentation from the team member’s treating physician or others to confirm the employee’s ability to perform those essential job functions safely and successfully.
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Requisition ID: 40506