WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker International is seeking an Analyst I to join our team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Emergency Management and Response group of the Alexandria, Virginia office. As part of this group, the Analyst will support the Community Engagement and Risk Communication (CERC) contract as part of the Business Management Team and may be asked to support other FEMA contracts as needs arise. The CERC Business Management Team is responsible for carrying out project management tasks including project planning, tracking and reporting, and project closeout. Projects vary in size and complexity and involve scope related to communication, engagement and mitigation. The Analyst assists with developing project scopes and costs under the direction of the Team Lead and Project Management Director.
- Supports carrying out the established business process for each project
- Develops project statement of work narratives
- Develops project budgets in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to project team leads and team members
- Adheres to deadlines and makes sure client’s needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Keeps team leads and team members informed about project status, risks and issues
- Sets up and participates in project planning calls with various team members, as necessary
- Monitors record keeping and file maintenance
- Updates and maintains tracking logs
- Prepares & collects all required project closeout documents
- Facilitates project reporting process on a monthly basis
- Participates and facilitates internal team meetings as necessary
- Communicates ideas for process improvements
- Assists in special projects, as requested, may include travel
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Geography, Environmental Science or other earth science-related degree or have prior FEMA insurance or mapping experience.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proactive communicator
- Ability to accurately review and complete detail-oriented information for each project
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management
- Professional (PMP), certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) and/or Associate in National Flood Insurance (ANFI) certifications
- Spanish-language proficiency
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.