This position will assist the department in performing various actuarial analysis to drive company key initiatives. Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Assists in on-going analyses of financial, budgetary or medical claims data, through forecasting, statistical analyses, trending, regression analyses, risk assessment, and utilization assessment. Questions about potential issues and abnormal trends, and brings them to the attention of higher level staff members.
2. Maintains financial models to support operational initiatives and analytical endeavors and enable decision-making on business and strategic matters. Calculates the financial impact of opportunities or expenditures with guidance. Tests, audits and reconciles financial models and analytic results.
3. Works on small or less complex financial analysis projects under the supervision of a more senior staff member. Monitors, analyzes and evaluates less complex data using statistical tools to identify variances, problems and trends.
4. Helps in updating regularly scheduled actuarial reports. Reviews and organizes actuarial and operational data for reports. Utilizes statistical tools to monitor and provide ongoing analysis of these reports, noting any aberrant data.
5. Participates in a variety of special studies and ad hoc analyses in support of departmental business and/or clinical objectives.
6. Researches and obtains a good understanding of data integrity issues. Works with guidance as needed to solve problems.
7. Acts as a resource to staff in other departments
8. Perform ad hoc analysis as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities Leading: Self Experience Qualifications
Less than 12 months of actuarial or finance-related background. Preferred Experience
Healthcare and/or Medicaid experience is preferred.
SQL Programming knowledge is preferred.
Actuarial experience is preferred. Education Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Math, Economics or Finance from an accredited institution required. Preferred Education Professional Certification
Passed 2 SOA exams and pursuing the designation of ASA (Associate) in the Society of Actuaries Professional Licenses Drivers License Required No Knowledge Requirement
SQL Programming knowledge is preferred. Skills Requirement
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral & written). Abilities Requirement
Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically and analytical.
Extremely organized, sharp attention to detail, strong work ethic, expansive learner. Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization. Working Conditions Physical Requirements Keyboarding: 10-Key – FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Touch-Screen – FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Traditional – FREQUENTLY Use of computer mouse – FREQUENTLY Hearing: In a group – FREQUENTLY Hearing: One-on-One – FREQUENTLY Hearing: Over the Telephone/Cell Phone – FREQUENTLY Communicate: Information/ideas verbally – FREQUENTLY Near Visual Acuity – FREQUENTLY Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor – FREQUENTLY Regular and reliable attendance – CONSTANTLY Memory – FREQUENTLY Understand and follow direction – FREQUENTLY Sitting – FREQUENTLY Indoors – CONSTANTLY Lighting – CONSTANTLY Hearing: Conference Speakers/Video Calls/Radio Calls – FREQUENTLY
Starting Salary: $66,040.00 – $84,200.00
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.