111 W Monroe – 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Supports the origination and structuring of corporate lending transactions, and coordinates with other products as an integral part of a larger coverage team that maintains strong client relationships. Includes providing lending expertise for a variety of sectors and establishing credit facilities to support trading products business. Cross sells Corporate Banking products (e.g. FX / treasury products, cash management & corporate cards, commodities, investment management, securitization, leasing, Trade Finance products, etc.) to BMO Capital Market clients. Also provides ongoing management of the lending portfolio.
- Completes due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing client relationships.
- Creates statistical exhibits and trend analysis of financial performance.
- Reviews and assists in preparation of credit documentation (i.e. including applications, memoranda, presentations, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Develops written internal and external marketing pitch material.
- Supports deal teams in development, presentation, and winning mandates.
- Seeks to develop an understanding of client needs and outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients.
- Provides analytical findings to deal teams.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Researches and analyzes financial and operating information relating to companies and industries.
- Prepares industry compilations.
- Applies technical concepts and understands implication of work to client/transaction.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Provides feedback on, and, supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 1 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Undergraduate degree has academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting with an outstanding academic achievement.
- Has financial analysis training and experience.
- Has up to 3 years of relevant experience within investment and/or corporate banking unit.
- Excellent analytical skills. Highly skilled in building complex financial models.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Skilled in creating statistical presentations.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.