Under the direction of the CHC Manager, this position is the primary scheduler of all surgical procedures for the CHC surgery clinic(s). Inputs data into Epic and works closely with OR Schedulers to assure proper codes are inputted correctly.
Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent. Must have a minimum of one (1) year healthcare scheduling related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in a clinic or Operating Room setting. This position demonstrates competence in all procedural and applicable computer programs. Must possess exceptional customer service skills to be an effective team member and interact with physicians, patients and co-workers. Must be able to work independently, coordinating and assimilating multiple pieces of data to accomplish required tasks. Proven ability to deal with and maintain personal and highly confidential information. Position requires medical terminology, knowledge of anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the seamless flow of the patient through the hospital experience. Must have knowledge of HIPAA and basic coding principles, state and federal laws, and regulatory bodies as it pertains not only to billing, scheduling, and to medical record processes. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That’s the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital – the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
Come live these values and enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year
MIHS is an equal opportunity employer.