Aircraft Mechanic III (F-18 Leadman)
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-CHINA LAKE
Security Clearance: Secret
- Direct, coordinate and monitor all maintenance/material actions necessary to service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness to include tasks that are complex to extreme difficulty.
- Direct and Coordinate the Repairs, replacement and rebuild aircraft structures of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Direct and Coordinate the inspections of airframe components for fluid leaks, cracks and other damage.
- Leadmen are expected to lead, mentor, guide, follow up, and perform spot corrections for all employees. They shall be able to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules and maintenance standards on assigned projects.
- Additional duties will include taking a leadership role in the day to day maintenance effort for the work centers.
- Ensures strict compliance of the OPNAVIST 4790.2 series and all NAMPSOPS. Ensures all safety requirements and use of safety equipment is adhered to at all times.
- Enforces and reports any maintenance and disciplinary infractions.
- Administers employee review and counseling. Investigates accidents, incidents, infractions to discover root cause and corrective action to include disciplinary actions.
- Ensures all available personnel participate in the daily FOD walk downs.
- Responsible for daily muster reports, monitor personnel time sheets and leave.
- Recommend qualified personnel when overtime is required and ensure all paperwork is properly submitted.
- Demonstrate the highest safety standard, nurture a strong safety culture in work center, stop any unsafe acts and promote work center safety awareness and involvement in work center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by site management.
- This worker also applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural, power plant, modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical guidance and expertise in restoration of equipment condition and operation.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- The candidate must have completed the Navy Class "C" school in airframe and hydraulic repair (5 years Organizational level experience may be substituted)
- 10 years recent and applicable experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible to qualify for and able to maintain a secret level clearance.
- Recent experience with F-18A-F, EA-18G, MH-60S or AV-8B aircraft strongly preferred.
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
Aviation / Support (Full-time)
Job Posting Jan 11, 2021, 12:19:15 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing