****RELOCATION BONUS PROVIDED*****
***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MACON,GA***
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- A&P and / structures experience a plus
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Advanced Technician Role, requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 2-7 years or more of experience in area of responsibility with aircraft/ general aviation trained in one aircraft type; proficient and demonstrated skill with the aircraft.
- Actual and recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required, (repair of mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area.
- Skills are broadly applied in multiple Technical Areas.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
Job Type: Full-time