AI Engineering – Machine Learning Engineer
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. It is on the transformation journey to be a client-centric technology driven company over the last few years. With an annual tech budget of $10B+, it has started significantly investing and building in the next generation core infrastructure, data and AI technology.
As the next push into this investment, JPMC Silicon Valley is hiring the best talents to join the newly-formed AI engineering team. We are executing like a startup and building the next generation technology that combines JPMC unique data and full service advantage to develop high impact AI applications and platforms in the financial services industry. We are looking for people who are excited about the opportunity.
- Research and implement deep learning, machine learning and statistical approaches to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with all of JPMorgan’s lines of business. Focus on delivering results, prioritizing needs while dealing with ambiguity
- Build V1 of model and present results to data scientist and non-technical business users.
- Partner with developer, engineering teams to create production training pipeline and inference workflows.
- Lead a team of engineers and virtual teams. Provide thought leadership.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Fluency in programming skills e.g. Python, R, C/C++, Java, Python or other equivalent languages.
- Expert in Deep learning architectures e.g. CNN, RNN, LSTM etc. Expert in at least one of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Reinforcement Learning, Ranking and Recommendation, or Time Series Analysis.
- Expertise in one major machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, Pytorch, Keras, MXNet, Scikit-Learn.
- Demonstrate experience of making trade-offs between schedule, resources, model performance etc
- Experience in ETL pipelines, both batch and real-time data processing.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivation, great communication skills and team player.
- Thought Leader who can conceptualize big vision and define plan for Machine Learning, metrics and deliverables.
- Cloud computing: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka.
Experience in distributed system design and development
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.