As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining motorized and non-motorized Airline & Aircraft Ground Service Equipment. In this position you will provide a prompt and efficient service by performing the following duties:
- Service equipment with fuel, water, oil, hydraulic fluid and compressed air
- Log equipment numbers to be repaired with description of work to be done on each piece
- Inspect, Maintain, Troubleshoot, Replace, Repair, Overhaul or Modify:
- engines and transmissions
- brakes and braking systems
- hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile lift and conveyor systems
- bumpers and body work
- bag cart curtains & curtain rods
- towing hitches and towing bars
- undercarriages, wheels and tires
- bushings, shafts, end places, springs, coils, armatures, push rods, valves, manifolds, tubing, hose and wiring
- Remove, test, repair or replace components and accessories such as carburetors, governors, air and oil cleaners, ignition points and auditory sensors
- Check and adjust tolerance of valves, bearings, cams, clutches and drive shafts
- Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals
- Operate and test ground equipment for performance assessment
- Completed associated paperwork and track parts
- Return equipment to service or storage lots
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor, as well as other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Basic knowledge of Exel and Word applications.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record. Some states require a State’s Mechanic license.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Lift 70 pounds or more:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy loads
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and operate hand tools.
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)