Knight Broadband is a premier telecommunications contractor for Charter Communications (Spectrum) and Comcast (Xfinity). As a leading telecommunications force in the southeast, the company is responsible for large scale installations of CATV aerial and underground infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced CATV Foreman!
Requirements of Employment for a CATV Foreman:
- Pass a background check and drug test.
- Clean MVR (motor vehicle record).
- 5 years experience within CATV construction.
- Class “B” CDL License preferred.
- Able to safely operate CATV construction equipment
- Knowledge of safely standards
- Must know strand, coax and fiber
Opportunities for a CATV Foreman:
- Chances for advancement
- Health, dental, vision, and long/short term disability
- PTO and statutory holidays
Tasks Required of a CATV Foreman:
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
Knowledge Required of a Foreman:
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools within CATV construction, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
The Knight Broadband Culture:
Since 1982, we have built a time proven track record of delivering unrivaled value, support, and expertise to our customers in everything we do.