Love the outdoors? Love sharing the outdoors with others? Take guests out every day and interpret the wildlife, plants, geology, and history all while enjoying America's best national parks! Seasonal May-September (Dates have limited flexibility.)
If you LOVE to hike & fish, hunt, raft, kayak, photograph or just love the local wildlife, this is the job for you! Expect to make between $150-$350 per day depending on experience and TIPS! We have flexibility on early and late season dates for college students. Must have a clean driving record and a strong work ethic. Must have previous guide experience and be licensed to guide throughout the Sawtooth Mountains / Idaho Area.
Wander Guides are canyoneers, hikers, mountain bikers, and climbers, we are also educators and leaders. We thrive on sharing our passion for the outdoors with others and by giving them the skills and autonomy to do so on their own.
A Wander Camp Adventure guide is a powerful mixture of character, empathy, integrity, curiosity, and humility. We are in a constant pursuit to better ourselves and the organization. Many of those who have moved here to be guides with us have found this chapter of their lives to be much longer than they expected, and are happy for it. If working with and being challenged by these types of people excites or inspires you, we encourage you to apply. All qualified candidates will be given thorough consideration and evaluation.
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Previous Guide experience OR extensive outdoor knowledge of the area
- An enduring commitment to learning, and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to work well with all types people, especially children
- An appreciation for working with beginners and experts alike
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to clearly demonstrate specific skills
- Strong and sound judgment
- Previous teaching, training, or leadership experience (Strongly preferred)
- Wilderness First Responder Certification & CPR Certification
- Additional credentials such as AMGA or PCGI training/certifications, Search and Rescue experience, WEA Outdoor Leadership Training Course, LNT Master Educator, etc.
- Participate in the initial 7-day, paid, guide development training curriculum
- Participate in professional training opportunities regularly
- Work collaboratively with fellow guides and guide management
- Facilitate half- and full-day tours (hiking, etc…)
- Create a safe, fun, and educational atmosphere
- Build a comprehensive knowledge base of the roads, hikes, canyons, and hidden secrets of the National Park and the surrounding areas
Dates of Employment: March-November // Schedule is determined by client demand and trip bookings. As a result, you may work 3 days during some weeks, but will most often work 5 days. Our aim is to create a regular work schedule for you where you have the same 2 consecutive days off.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Guiding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings