Remington Transitional Care, San Antonio is seeking a talented Admissions Coordinator to join our team.
As the Admissions Coordinator supports the sales department’s activities in the pre-admission, admission, discharge, and follow up processes.
- Responsible to assist the Admission Director in developing census and quality mix by providing prospective residents and/or responsible parties with appropriate information to assist in their decision
- Assist Admissions Director and/ or Administrator with completing and implementing the facility 30/60/90 day sales plan that outlines at least the following areas:
- A list of current referring hospitals and potential hospitals to target in marketing plan
- A listing of current competition and our comparison (strength/weaknesses) to them
- Plans for at least quarterly community special events for the next 3 quarters
- A plan for increasing or maintaining overall census, M2 census and referral relationships
- Tentative plans for a specialty program within the facility
- Handles phone inquiries, tours and the timely and accurate completion of admissions paperwork
- This position will ensure a smooth transition from the home or hospital to the facility with clear communication to all necessary departments
- Handles walk-in or telephone inquiries and invites referral source to facility; Gathers nursing information from central admissions (when applicable), referral sources and clinical liaisons
- Follows-up on inquiries by conducting tours of the facility, completing inquiry forms for admission paperwork, and providing all inquiries with collateral about the facility
- Reviews a list of unoccupied beds and makes preadmission reservations according to type of case and accommodation required daily and as necessary
- Ensures that a model room is maintained in the facility and is tour ready. To notify appropriate departments when deficient
- Ensuring a smooth patient transition to the facility, overseeing the timely and accurate completion of admission agreements and welcome packets, accurate communication to the clinical team and other department heads
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers within the general community and develop new referring relationships within the medical professional community to include but not limited to area physicians, social service departments, hospital discharge planners, governmental agencies, and other professionals or groups that may influence inquiries
- Communicate with same for the purpose of educating and building awareness of the facility’s scope of services
- Manage and train the internal backup sales/admission team on inquiries, tours and closing skills and customer-oriented completion of the Admissions Agreement and Welcome packet
- Promote facility services, including nursing and therapy services
- Follow company sales cycle process
- Cold call/ Make appointments to potential referral sources – close the call/follow up plan
- Product, Service and Benefit Knowledge: must understand and be able to explain products, services and benefits offered by facility to referral sources, potential residents family members and other inquirers
- Skills for screening Residents for Admission: be able to review a potential resident’s chart and explain to a licensed nurse some of the reasons the facility would or would not be able to admit the potential resident
- Read and familiarize self with Nursing Home regulations
- Read and understand the past facility surveys and 5-star rating system and be able to explain to the Administrator how you would explain the survey process and results along with the 5-star rating system to both a potential resident family and also to the referral source
- To able to understand and explain financial eligibility to a referral source, potential referral or a family member
- To be able to screen a potential referral utilizing the clinical and financial grids
- Uses Referral Screening form to screen residents
- Ensure PASSR is completed upon admission
- The sales staff should be responsive to calls from hospitals regarding potential admissions and respond to these calls within 30 minutes
- Input demographic, financial and waitlist information into Electronic Medical Director for all referrals
- Maintain and update Admissions Team Meeting form daily
- Assist with implementing policies and procedures pertaining to inquiries, tours, admissions
- Completes Customer Service QA form and provides to appropriate facility, regional and corporate teams when complaint from assigned account including but not limited to case managers, social workers, physicians, patients and family members of patients
- The sales team should plan on at least one community invited special event each quarter. This can be a scheduled resident activity that is open to the community and not just for resident families.
- Stay current and familiarize self with current healthcare and community trends including but not limited to Alternative Payment Models and changes in accounts, competitors or healthcare community
- Responsible for the completion of Admissions Surveys and scorecard.
- Assisting with maintaining and implementation of the facility customer service program and objectives to include but not limited to customer service orientation for new and current employees
- Attend daily huddle calls with regional team
- Participates in off hour, holiday and weekend on call duty as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate will have problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Will possess the ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a skilled nursing facility is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Admissions: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)