BUSINESS UNIT NAME: Center
POSITION TITLE: Admissions Director
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE: Category III
REPORTS TO: Senior Admissions Liaison or Regional Marketing Manager
GRADE: 8 JOB CODE: DA02
POSITION SUMMARY: The Admissions Director manages the referral intake and follow up process, admissions process, and participates in non-hospital referral development. Responsibilities include implementation of standardized pre-admission, admission and census development initiatives to achieve/exceed monthly activity targets and budgeted census goals.
- Meets census goals by working with the Center's Admissions Liaison to coordinate customer flow into the center;
- Is trained and provides back up coverage, as needed, for the Admissions Liaison in the external role;
- Establishes/maintains positive trends for overall occupancy, Medicare census, new admissions activity, conversion rates, and account receivable targets;
- Effectively manages internal sales process with customers, families and referral sources, resulting in achievement of targeted conversion rates;
- Arranges with Welcome Coordinator to ensure thorough and timely completion, signing and distribution of admission/readmission paperwork as a backup;
- Conducts Center walk through daily to assess physical plant readiness for tours and admissions;
- Ensures comprehensive identification and verification of payors for customer financial data;
- Conducts proactive, daily follow up on all referrals which have not yet been converted to admissions; utilizes Inquiry Referral Form to document process for all viable referrals;
- Maintains a Marketing Top 20 list, and actively participates in the development and implementation of the Center’s Marketing Plan;
- Accurately maintains logs to track referral, admission and discharge activity. Reconciles referral log with Admissions Liaison according to standard process;
- Ensures accuracy and appropriate use of center collaterals and admission paperwork. Communicates with RMM/SrAL. Updates and orders admission materials as neede;
- Trains and monitors effectiveness of admission back up team and MOD team members;
- Identifies and communicates/addresses internal barriers to census development; Unresolved barriers are brought to the attention of both the Administrator and Supervisor until resolved;
- Coaches up, down, and sideways in support of Opis Mission, Standards and Policies;
- Attends Daily Morning Meeting and other center meetings as requested; and,
- Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one year's full time experience in long term care admissions preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years college education in the field of Health Care Administration, Business Management, and/or Marketing or Public Relations preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Answer yes or no)
(1) Physical Demands:
Talking or Hearing YES
(Answer: 0-33% – Rarely/ 34-66% – Occasionally/ 67-100% Frequently)
(Specify amount of weight in pounds)
(Answer yes or no)
Climbing (stairs) YES
(2) Location of Job Activities: (Answer in %) _25%_Outside
(3) Environmental Conditions:
(Answer yes or no)
Extreme heat with or without temperature changes NO
Extreme cold with or without temperature changes NO
Wet or humid YES
Noise and/or vibrations NO
Hazards (chemical, mechanical, radiant energy) NO
Explosives, burns, electrical, other NO
Atmospheric conditions –
Fumes, poor ventilation, mists, dust, odors, gas NO
Unprotected heights NO
Moving machinery NO
Operating automotive equipment YES
Operating foot controls YES
Uneven ground NO
Protective clothing (list) NO
(in accordance with policy and SDS)
(4) Work Situations:
(Answer yes or no)
Measurable or verifiable criteria YES
Dealing with people YES
Repetitive and continuous YES
Performing under stress YES
Set limits, tolerance or standards YES
Problem solving YES
Taking instructions YES
- Must be able to maintain a positive, Mission-oriented work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that allows you to get along with customers, their family members, and fellow team members.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Highly responsible individual capable of working independently.
- Strong customer service approach and sales oriented personality.
- Ability to work proficiently in a fast-paced, healthcare environment and interface with a variety of healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately complete and disseminate admissions paper flow and monthly reports.
- Empathetic and adept in dealing with a geriatric population and families in stressful situations.
- Multi-task oriented excellent organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a manner that maximizes outcomes and adheres to standard process.
- Self motivated, outcome-driven individual.
- Effective time-management skills.
PERFORMS RELATED DUTIES:
- Interacts with customers, families, visitors and Center personnel.
- Carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands on intervention/participation may be required.
In the case of a disaster, employees are expected to make best efforts to execute their assigned responsibilities, be willing to work additional hours, and travel and perhaps lodge at the location where recovery operations are being conducted. The company is committed to ensuring that any such working conditions are safe and reasonable, and that sufficient accommodations will be made to make such extraordinary efforts as tolerable as possible.
SAFETY RELATED DUTIES:
- Function with a high degree of efficiency, predictability and safety.
- Solicit input from customers and family members regarding safety issues.
- Proactively report issues and concerns related to safety.
- SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. WE ROUTINELY
INTEGRATE/IMPLEMENT SAFETY RELATED SYSTEM-WIDE PRACTICES INTO OUR WORK. SAFETY IS TRULY A PART OF OUR CULTURE.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT
Hours of Work Understanding
I hereby acknowledge that I have been advised, and do understand, that I will be paid on the following basis:
I will be paid my regular salary for each day in which work is performed to a maximum of five (5) days per work week.
I further understand that I will not be eligible to receive overtime pay regardless of how many hours are worked in the work week.
If you are under 18 years of age, there may be some essential functions of the job, which are restricted from performing due to regulatory requirements. Please advise your supervisor if you are under 18 years old.
I understand this job description and its requirements; I understand that this is not an exclusive list of the job functions and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned; I understand the job functions may be altered by management without notice; I understand that this job description in no way constitutes an employment agreement and that I am an at-will employee.
Team Member Signature: ________________________ Date: _____________
Supervisor Signature: ____________________________ Date: ____________
Related keywords: admissions coordinator, healthcare administration
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place