Provide administrate support to technical research laboratory. Need to be able to effectively communicate with scientists of various backgrounds, providing ordering, logistics and general administrative support. Need to be completely efficient in current, existing ASU ordering and expenditure tracking systems.
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Nine (9) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective written and oral communication skills,
- Demonstrated knowledge with existing ASU’s ordering and other administrative systems (e.g., ASU Workday and iLab systems).
- Evidence of having enough technical background to effectively communicate with research scientists working in an experimental chemistry (wet) lab.
- Demonstrated knowledge with vendors in the chemistry, biochemistry, and microfabrication space is preferable.
- Minimum of five years administrative experience.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties
- Ability to work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- Work from general instructions on standard job duties and specific directions/ instructions on new assignments.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
Background Check Statement
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.