Valley Fine Foods is a family-owned gourmet meal solution manufacturer built on the core values of customer service and quality products. We maintain strong brand tenants that uphold our belief in quality food options for any occasion. From initial innovation down to final production and shipment to store, our meal solutions are created with our consumer in mind. By embracing our team-oriented, innovative, results driven, and fun-loving culture, we have created the perfect environment to make the best products. Valley Fine Foods is looking to recruit passionate people with diverse skills, education, and interests who want to work in our collaborative environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inventory of ingredients, kitchen and office supplies, shipping materials for buyer sample for RCI (Research, Culinary and Innovation Department)
- Coordination of all PO’s for any ingredients, kitchen and office supplies, shipping materials for buyer samples, or services for RCI
- Check in and recording all ingredients/equipment received for RCI
- Assist RCI with team with coordination and shipping buyer samples; Sample inventory, label inventory, shipping materials, scheduling of UPS/Fed EX and pick up, communication to Sales and Marketing teams.
- Responsible for RCI department corporate credit card expense reporting and monthly reconciliation
- Responsible for expense reimbursements for VP and RCI team members
- Assist RCI with team with sensory tastings, in home use tests
- Assist RCI team with outside errands for RCI as needed; Cleaners, Groceries, Ingredients/supplies from stores.
- Assist RCI with team competitor analysis reports and maintenance of supplier and competitor analysis database
- Scheduling of routine maintenance and services for RCI; Water filters, equipment inspections, refrigeration
- Coordinate, pick-up and set-up of team lunches; new employee welcome, monthly birthdays, and training meetings
- Assist in planning and executing team buildings events
- Assist Accounting with RCI’s portion of the annual Tax Credit Study
- Fax, process mail, shred confidential documents, and file paperwork as needed
- Assist Executive Assistant with projects when needed
- Assist other departments (Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Accounting, etc.) with miscellaneous projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Microsoft Office products, with strong Excel skills. Microsoft ARAS knowledge a plus.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment;
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a supportive administrative role preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly and accurately
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed
- Knowledge and passion for food
- Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
- Works well in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)