The 16th Judicial Circuit is seeking applicant for a Full-time Administrative Assistant II in Plantation Key. This position provides administrative and clerical duties assisting the Mediation Services Coordinator in managing the daily operations and support functions for the delivery of mediation services throughout the Circuit. This position also provides temporary clerical support for the Judges’ Offices in Marathon and Plantation Key. Travel to Marathon Branch Courthouse is required. Knowledge of the legal system is required. See complete job description at w w w . Keyscourts. n e t. Interested applicants should submit a State of Florida Application to Indeed or through Personnel @Keyscourts. net or Personnel, 302 Fleming Street, Key West, Florida 33040. State of Florida applications and complete job description can be found at w w w .Keyscourts. net. The successful applicant will be required to pass a complete background check. Applications are being accepted until February 18, 2021. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. EOE. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify us in at advance at 305-292-3423; to make call through the Florida Relay Center, you can dial
Full Benefits available
This position provides administrative and clerical duties assisting the Mediation Services Coordinator in managing the daily operations and support functions for the delivery of mediation services throughout the Circuit. Duties include answering phones, making copies, maintaining and compiling records, files, and statistical data, assisting with the scheduling of mediation sessions in all three court locations, providing notice to parties, preparing orders for the Court, and liaison with contract providers. The Administrative Assistant II provides clerical support to the Mediation Services Coordinator and assist with data collection, maintenance of a mediator rotation list, coordination of volunteer mediator schedules, and tracking compliance with mediation orders and analysis of results.
This position also provides temporary clerical support for the Judges’ Offices in Marathon and Plantation Key. Travel to Marathon Branch Courthouse is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides administrative and fiscal support to the unit manager and other court staff;
- Measures and monitors mediation case in the Middle and Upper Keys;
- Collects and analyzes data for statistical reports. Assists in conducting surveys;
- Schedules mediation sessions for family law cases;
- Prepares documents, coordinates facility use, collects court files and/or sets up mediation files, and updates database/spreadsheet with mediation results;
- Composes/drafts and/or types correspondence, court orders, pleadings, memoranda, reports, e-mails, and other documents observing strict confidentiality; transcribes judicial documents;
- Works on special projects, including performing research and typing; develops and maintains working relationship with Clerk of Court office to ensure efficient delivery of services;
- Provides temporary coverage for judicial assistants in the Middle and Upper Keys;
- Calculates child support according to statutory guidelines as needed;
- Screens telephone calls and visitors; provides information to the public and resolves issues or directs caller/visitor to appropriate office or staff;
- Maintains daily, monthly and yearly statistics regarding the volume of cases handled by the program;
- Provides general secretarial support including conforming and distributing copies of orders and judgments, file organization and maintenance, inventory and initiate orders for supplies, etc.;
- Performs additional clerical tasks such as processing incoming mail, filing, faxing, and photocopying.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience as a legal secretary or paralegal. Exposure to civil and family law extremely important.
Knowledge of and ability to use correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability of and ability to perform basis mathematical operations, bookkeeping and simple statistics. Ability to plan and prepare budgets, reports, correspondence and charts in a variety of formats.
Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft Products such as Microsoft 365, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
County Mediation certified. If not certified, certification must be obtained within one-year of employment.
Valid Florida Driver's license is required for needed travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and crawl under desks. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,981.08 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Legal Secretary or Paralegal: 4 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place