For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Relay information and requests to department members; coordinate and follow-up on action items as needed to ensure completion.
- Collate and distribute information.
- Prepare routine documents and forms as requested.
- Handle special projects and duties as needed (for example, data collection, report creation, database maintenance, contacting personnel for routine updates, etc.).
- Establish and maintain files. May handle confidential files.
- Make meeting and travel arrangements.
- Answer questions and provide assistance relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Assist with phone coverage for others as needed.
- Organize and maintain electronic file repositories.
- Education: High School or G.E.D. and specialized secretarial training beyond High School. Associate’s degree (A.A. /A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college preferred.
- Experience: Two to Four years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Good keyboarding skills, proficient in utilizing personal computer, e-mail and standard office software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database). Understanding of company policies and practices.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.