EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, Part-Time
OPENS: February 5, 2021
CLOSES: February 19, 2021 At 5:00 p.m.
SALARY RANGE: $3,587 – $4,542/month
Note: This is a regular part-time position, 20 hours per week, with pro-rated benefits available.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, perform a variety of administrative, clerical and customer service duties related to office support activities; job positing, arranging interviews, filing, and ordering office supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the coordination of the recruitment and selection process to include posting vacant positions, corresponding with applicants regarding various phases of the process, arranging and scheduling interviews, preparing materials and rooms, testing when needed and notifying candidates.
- Answer phones and greet employees; provide information to callers and visitors; take message or refer call or visitors to the appropriate human resources staff member.
- Determine and order office supplies according to established guidelines; coordinate City wide orders for business cards, paper, letterhead, and envelopes.
- Process invoices; may assist in the development and assembly of division budge; may maintain budget and other financial records and files.
- Assist with and coordinate a variety of programs and employee activities such as Service and
- SPIRIT awards, All City staff meeting, and benefits fair.
- Process a variety of forms and reports; receive sort, open and distribute mail.
- Prepare onboarding materials for new hires; process invoices according to established guidelines.
- Perform a variety of research and assist Analysts and Manager with special projects as assigned; coordinate communications with other departments, agencies and cities as assigned.
- Check reports, records and other data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established standards; compile information and prepare routine reports.
- Operate business and office machines including personal computer, copiers, scanners, printers, fax machines and calculator.
- Maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Operation of a computer terminal.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative assistant duties with speed and accuracy.
- Learn to interpret, apply and explain City codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain discretion with confidential and personal information.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Type at 50 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Transcribe material from notes with speed and accuracy.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Operate office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and adding machine.
- Maintain records, files and filing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal.
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school including or supplemented by college level course work in related field, and two (2) years of increasingly responsible administrative assistant, customer service or clerical experience.
Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications are available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003, on our website at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2531.
The City of Federal Way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.