It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Actuarial Analyst will work in the Product Development department of Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company, a group that launches Homeowners products into new states and supports our existing business. The Actuarial Analyst will work with other actuaries and product managers to support rate development, state filings, and other analytical projects. This position is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is temporarily remote.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with data using SQL, MS Excel, and MS Access
- Develop rating engines and rate indications
- Perform competitive rate analysis
- Prepare filing support exhibits
- Support UW and Product teams in rate testing and ad-hoc analyses
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related area
- 2 – 5 years of experience in the property & casualty actuarial ratemaking
- 2 – 5 actuarial exams completed.Near-ACAS preferred
- Proficiency with SQL, VBA, MS Excel, MS Access
- Analytical aptitude and critical thinking
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Pricing experience in Homeowners insurance or predictive analytics will be helpful
- Industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match of 100% on up to 5% of compensation (match is fully vested immediately)
- Generous PTO policy
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses