Want to make your mark? Join Benchmark, a new type of senior living company. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us –and to what truly matters!
The Activity Assistant organizes and implements programs designed to meet the individual needs of our residents. The program is intended to fulfill basic psychological, intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs while promoting self-esteem in a caring, nurturing environment. The Activity Assistant supports and assists the Programming Director in all necessary programming.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an innovative daily program for residents
- Leads and implements one-on-ones, small group and large group activities according to the programming schedule
- Supports, encourages and directs independent activity pursuits, both individually and in small groups
- Supports the resident’s abilities by understanding that all aspects of care can be viewed as an activity
- Demonstrates knowledge about residents in regard to background, participation needs, physical abilities, interests, cognitive capacity and attention span capability
- Communicates any changes in the residents condition or behavior pattern to Activity Director