We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a part-time Life Enrichment Coordinator (Activities Coordinator) within the Cedarhurst Living organization! If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves – apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate health care services and support to residents in our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to thrive!
About the role…
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in serving our residents to the best of our ability. This includes providing our residents with quality activities daily that promote a level of health, wellbeing, engagement and growth. As a Life Enrichment Coordinator at Cedarhurst Living you will coordinate, schedule and conduct a variety of activities that aide in enriching the lives of our residents. You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, organization and implementation of holiday programs and special events at the community. Additionally, you will be responsible for resident engagement and participation in community activities, providing encouragement and ongoing communication to residents and their families.
You will work alongside the Life Enrichment Director and/or the Executive Director to ensure our residents needs are being met in relation to community activities. Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence, understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are passionate about seniors. – You thrive on building relationships with a goal of making a difference in people’s lives. You will promote our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs, and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our servant-heart standards of operation
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree, or degree from a technical school with one to three years related experience and/or training required.
- Preferred background/education in Sociology or Recreational Therapy, or an Activity Director Certification.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Assists Director in planning, scheduling and conducting activities programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
- Attends all community planned functions and coordinates event from beginning to end including setup, running, and breaking down for the event.
- Helps plan appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
- Coordinates holiday decorations for the community.
- Assists with preparation and organization of a calendar of events. Submits the calendar to the Director for final approval. Posts and distributes the calendar.
- Assists with development and distribution of community newsletter.
- Meets with or participates in meetings with new residents to introduce programs.
- Provides ongoing communication with residents and, as necessary, family members.
- Maintains or assists with maintaining a database and prepares reports on resident assessments, participation and satisfaction.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as necessary.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst…
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe it’s important to take time to get to get to know the residents you’ll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy – trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else – care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable – together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. – Be part of making a true difference in our resident’s lives!
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.