Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary: Provide financial, administrative and clerical services and to ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations. Process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts. In event of absence this position will be filled by the AR Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deposit all cash received from non-customers daily via wires/mail.
- Process customer checks received daily through Remote Deposit scanner.
- Apply payments received from all sources to customer accounts noting any discrepancies. Log all customer deductions into tracking spreadsheet.
- Make copies of all deductions and overpayments.
- Obtain supporting documentation for all deductions taken by customer via customer portals, Sales Team, Accounts Receivable folder and emailing customer contacts.
- Track invoices received from Sales Team.
- Request repayments from customers/Log In repayments
- File all cash batches and customer deductions for audit purposes.
- Generate and print invoices daily for all customer shipments and post to the general ledger. Verify invoices for accuracy.
- Distribute all invoices via e-mail, USPS, fax or enter into customer web portal.
- Transmit Jetro/RD invoices via Transcepta.
- Generate and transmit all EDI invoices using EDI Attendant.
- Actively participate in the month-end and year-end closing process including Accrual, journal entries, and last day of the month invoicing process.
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field of study.
- 3 years related Accounts Receivable experience and/or training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excellent Excel skills.
- We offer: *
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location
Blount Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, & veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Required)