Accounts Payable Supervisor
Connected International is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor that will own and improve the AP experience within the organization. Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will play a pivotal role as a key collaborator in all procure-to-pay procedures requiring cross functional collaboration. This role will oversee all timely invoice and payment processing, vendor documentation and record-keeping, vendor communications, and corresponding reconciliations.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team player, hands on with various technology solutions, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented. They have the highest moral standards, experience in handling highly confidential information and ensure the first-class service to our internal and external partners.
Location – Sacramento, CA.
Core Job Duties
- Train and supervise Accounts Payable Associates – delegating tasks as needed.
- Manage and participate in all the day-to-day accounts payable activities including expense reimbursements and corporate credit cards.
- Review and approve staff activity for accuracy and invoice coding
- Establish best practices inclusive of technology solutions related to the procure-to-pay workflow
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on posting guidelines and approval practices.
- Oversee vendor setup, invoice entry, and record-keeping, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare and review payment runs for accuracy, payment terms, and proper approval.
- Analyze invoice volume and processing trends to drive process improvements.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures related to AP, reimbursements, and credit cards.
- Monitor and maintain accurate rent and financing schedules.
- Assist with month-end close by completing various journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in audits by providing support, commentary and flux analysis.
- Research and resolve escalated accounting inquiries timely and accurately.
- Prepare all regulatory compliance related to accounts payable (i.e. 1099 reporting)
- Communicate effectively to promote favorable partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Prepare ad-hoc duties as by senior management.
Required Experience, Education And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, preferred
- 5+ years in Accounts Payable with 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience with large scale ERP, required (Netsuite, Oracle, SAP, Acumatica, Dynamics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required
- Problem Solving: Proven track record of ability to analyze issues and recommend solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 5 years (Preferred)
- Large Scale ERP: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place