Laguna Tools is a manufacturer of award-winning machinery located in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist who has a good understanding of debits and credits as well as owning full cycle A/P, including related monthly closing and analysis. The A/P specialist will work at our headquarter in Grand Prairie, TX, reporting to Accounting Manager.
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Prepare and process checks, wires, ACH payments for multi business units.
- Ensure timely payments of invoices and accurate records and perform 3-way match.
- Validate all invoices received for a respective period have been entered and/or accounted for.
- Assist monthly close by preparing A/P journal entries and reconciliation of A/P with G/L.
- Create weekly AP Aging reports.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with vendors and employees including solving issues and discrepancies.
- Create and maintain vendor and employee master files.
- Ensure payments are distributed internally or mailed accordingly.
- Participate in process improvement.
- Assist with audit and tax preparation.
- Preform other accounting tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge and experience in handling daily A/P in manufacturing/distribution businesses.
- 3 or more years of experience in preparing and posting journal entries at month end as well as reconciling A/P with G/L with proper explanation.
- Good understanding of debits and credits and ability to apply accounting principles as well as proper G/L account coding.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to complete tasks accurately and timely.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Required 3 years of experience in A/P and monthly close.
- Must be proficient in Excel (lookup, pivot, if, etc.).
- NetSuite experience highly preferred but not required.
We offer excellent Benefits.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick
- Paid Personal Day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4% Company Match 401(k) Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- NetSuite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Monthly Close: 3 years (Required)