We are dedicated to changing lives for the better, and we want you to join us!
Biofilm Inc is a privately-held company founded in 1991, that manufactures and distributes high-quality personal health products under the ASTROGLIDE brand. BioFilm continually researches consumer needs and develops innovative, high-quality healthcare products to enhance intimate activities.
We have a dedicated and diverse team that consist of sales, marketing, research & innovation, quality control, regulatory, production, distribution and more. Today we are looking for your area of expertise in our Accounting department.
**This position is temporary assignment, approx. 2 months**
Schedule: Tuesday – Friday, 7 am – 5:30 pm (1 hour lunch)
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate accounts payable records. Coding invoices, verifying validity of invoices, preparing backup for weekly check runs, obtains signatures for approvals, fixed assets schedules & assists in department month end & year end closing. Works on special projects as assigned. Backup to Accounts Receivable Coordinator position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisor and the public.
- Work as part of the team and collaborate with co-workers and colleagues.
- Responsible for reading, understanding and following Quality Business System documentation for each function performed.
- Responsible for working in compliance with Quality System Regulations (QSR), safety and all other training.
- Creates and maintains files for paid and unpaid invoices including all backup materials.
- Enters new vendors into the accounting system and ensures that all necessary information is recorded correctly, including proper payment terms and 1099 status.
- Obtains signed form W-9’s from all vendors. Independent contractors, partnerships, attorneys, and any unincorporated service vendors should be issued a 1099 each January.
- Code miscellaneous invoices to proper general ledger account. Ensure proper coding by reading the invoice description to see what the item or service being purchased was for and checking the pre-coded general ledger account for the vendor and determining whether that is the proper account for the purchase on each particular invoice.
- Responsible for matching all receiving documents, purchase orders, and invoices prior to payment, and researching any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for matching all purchase requisitions and updating status as invoices are posted. This includes following up with the requestor to have the purchase requisition finalized in order to process received invoices.
- Responsible for posting corporate credit card transactions (AMEX/WF), commissions, postmaster, royalties and fees. Reviews monthly billings for each and attaches all supporting documentation for charges to be entered into Navision.
- Run “Received Goods Not Invoiced” report in order to be pro-active in obtaining invoices for all received items. Run report weekly and communicate information to management.
- Communicates with purchasing department, shipping department, and vendors to reconcile items as needed. Obtain credit memos when necessary.
- Provides credit information for new vendor credit applications, however prior to submission all credit applications should be reviewed by management.
- Prepare printed checks for review and signature, then mail with accompanying backup, if any. Prior to mailing have management approval for check release.
- Reconcile bank statements each month in Navision. Ensure proper supporting documentation is maintained for each account.
- Run monthly budget reports and email to department heads. Ensure all transactions within the department have been posted prior to release.
- Responsible for processing all incoming mail for the Accounting Department.
- Maintaining AP files in proper order in the Accounting storage room. Keep electronic documentation when files are stored. (Example – AP files 09/01/12 – 11/30/12, pallet B)
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times when handling financial information in the department.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Provides back-up receptionist duties as needed to the Customer Service Department.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records for Director of Finance & Cost Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment by identifying all safety hazards and recommending corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible for utilizing proper lifting and material movement techniques at all times.
- Adheres to and supports BioFilm’s Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Actively works to improve processes in the company and its relationship to the community.
Desired Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of Accounts Payable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College level accounting courses preferred (may be substituted for experience).
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Able to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Computer literate in a Windows Environment; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Operate 10-key calculator (preferred).
- Detail oriented.
- Analytical abilities.
- General math skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative.
- Flexibility to change direction frequently and with little notice.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent planning and organization abilities.
- Able to complete projects under tight deadlines, even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to sit at desk and use computer for prolonged periods of time, up to 10 hours daily.
- Able to bend and stoop for filing.
- Professional, yet casual work environment.
- Office environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed on an occasional basis.