The Accounts Payable Administrator will process the day-to-day accounts payable documents for three subsidiaries. This team member will process vendor invoices, initiate weekly check runs in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, resolve invoicing issues, and maintain strong relationships with both our internal team members and external vendors. The AP team serves as key members of the accounting group to assist and inform other departments within the company.
- Process invoices and check requests for payment via Great Plains accounts payable module
- Responsible for the ACH and wire processing functions
- Ensure accurate General Ledger coding
- Initiate and prepare weekly check runs
- Maintain accurate and current AP aging reports, records and files
- Help prepare analysis of AP accounts, as required
- Maintain vendor relationships to resolve any discrepancies
- Preparation of monthly sales and use tax returns
- Ensure adherence to and communicate AP policies and procedures
- Responsible for annual 1099 processing
- Responsible for expense reimbursement through Concur and Wells Fargo PCard system
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifies monthly payments by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Assists in monthly closings
- Responsible for certain month-end operating expense accruals
- Setup new vendors and maintain vendor accounts
- Identify and implement opportunities for process automation
- Maintain accounts payable system to ensure that all vendors are paid in accordance with the terms stated on invoices
- Review all purchase orders and invoices for appropriate approval and support, and process in a timely fashion
- Match all invoices with their respective purchase orders and receiving reports, ensuring that all invoices are received and the calculated amounts are current
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data
- Associate degree in accounting or five years of equivalent accounts payable work experience
- Working knowledge of accounts payable software applications
- Strong data entry, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and apply basic accounting principles relating to accounts payable
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and work processes and to exercise appropriate judgment in establishing priorities, processes and work methods
- Strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment; the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
- Experience with MS Great Plains Accounts Payable module
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Early Warning is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.