TEG Engineering is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to support our day-to-day accounting functions and provide support in all phases of the accounting/finance process in our Grand Rapids, MI office. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of accounting principles as well as possess good communication and organizational skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage all accounting and finance operations, including reports, reporting systems, and financial transaction systems.
- Coordinate and prepare all accounting and financial reporting, including financial statements, budgets and budget variances, cash flow projections, profitability analyses, etc.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Serve as a member of the TEG Engineering management team, providing analyses and advice to support business decisions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Review and submit quarterly State and Federal payroll reports, annual payroll reports, W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to company. Review accounts receivable aging and follow collection procedures for customers with past due accounts.
- Oversee/prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Statement of Cash Flows, and Budget Performance reports.
- Assist with preparing annual budget and monitor progress against goals.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare monthly journal entries required to accurately reflect the monthly activity.
- Act as liaison/coordinator with external CPA firm(s) preparing tax reporting.
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and key performance analysis of profit centers.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance company workflows and strengthen internal controls.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting, BA in Accounting is preferred.
- 2+ years of recent related accounting experience.
- ProContractor by Viewpoint software (or similar) experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Must be able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Good financial reporting technical skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain control an order over same.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays for all typically recognized holidays
- Medical/health and dental insurance
- Competitive pay
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)