Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier senior living organization, focused on assisted living and memory care services. If you’d like to take your accounting and leadership skills to a new role with a growing company, we encourage you to apply!
Our Home Office is located in Des Peres, MO near Highway 270 and Manchester Road.
As the Accounting Manager, reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Accounting, you are responsible for being the subject matter expert of the accounting department overseeing the calculating, posting, verifying, and typing duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company
- Audits the work of the accounting department
- Engages in critical and confidential aspects of accounting
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance
- Advises management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization
- Ensures full compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Works with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: team of 3, Sr. Accountant, Accountant, Accounts Payable Specialist
- Four (4) years of Accounting experience is desired.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must have the ability to lead, encourage, mentor, and instruct other team members towards success.
- Must be a self starter
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 3-5 years of past experience, preferred
- Associate’s Degree and 4-6 years of past experience
- CPA certification, desired
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living (where applicable), as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all prospects, residents, visitors, associates and the overall community.
Proficiency in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications.
To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with team members, residents, and residents’ family members.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance