Raycon is a new celeb-powered brand startup co-founded by entertainer/entrepreneur Ray J and Cowboy Wholesale, a leading CE distributor. Based in New York City, Raycon designs premium true wireless audio electronics that are compact and beautiful. Our products have been featured with high profile celebrities such as P. Diddy, Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Ne-Yo, Migos, Cara DeLevingne and many more. The brand has also been featured in and garnered press from media outlets such as Forbes, CNN, Mashable, Cheddar, and Billboard. We have experienced rapid growth over the past year and are looking for driven, motivated team players to join us as we work to continue leaving our mark on the wireless audio industry.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to develop our finance and accounting infrastructure, and build out the financial procedures and systems at our company. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the oversight of internal and external reporting protocols, internal controls, and forecasting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee and execute on general accounting functions – cash flow reports, payables, receivables, tax filings, preparing and more
- Identify and incorporate any off-book items back into our system and develop new accounts and procedures for this process
- Implement accounting policies, internal controls and procedures for the Operations and Finance teams
- Manage financial month- and year-end closing reports, daily and weekly reporting and other accounting functions, strategically aligning the accounting strategy with the growth plans of the business
- Coordinate internal and external auditing field work, working internally with company managers and externally with outside auditors and personnel on interviews and fact checks to reduce the time of field work
- Assist with special projects, develop systems/processes to upgrade and support key business initiatives and drive process improvements
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to drive business initiatives
- Ability to multitask, thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment, and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA is a plus
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant financial experience as either a Sr. Accountant or Asst. Controller
- Previous experience with Import/Export Consumer Electronics and/or E-Commerce is a plus