Craft Beer Guild Dist. of NY, a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies, is the leading craft beer distributor in the state. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our team.
OBJECTIVE: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for budgeting, cash requirements, preparation and analysis of financial statements, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and government reporting for Craft Beer Guild Distributing of NY.
- Supervise, train, backup and provide support for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Invoice Reconciliation
- Oversee and ensure that the daily closing, reconciliation, and cash requirements process are completed
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly, quarterly and year-end financial information/reporting
- Oversee the reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversee the reconciliation of all inter-company transactions
- Compile annual accounting department budget and perform monthly actual to budget variance analysis.
- Work with internal and external accountants on year-end close
- Oversee and act as a backup for payroll coordinator to process weekly payroll
- Ensure compliance with corporate-wide accounting procedures and policies
- Partner with other departments to resolve accounting issues as needed
- Recommend process improvement to improve accuracy
- Work with IT on all computer-related issues for the division
- Plan for staffing needs and interview prospective employees
- Conduct office employee performance appraisals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, with an accounting emphasis
- 5+ years proven accounting experience
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in EXCEL
- Proven Management experience
- Self-sufficient, entrepreneurial and independent thinking
- Comfortable problem solving and consulting experience
We offer excellent pay and benefits.
- Health Benefits – $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program
- Competitive pay
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, physical and pre-employment drug test.
Craft Beer Guild Dist. of NY is an equal opportunity employer.