This position reports to the VP and is primarily responsible for managing and supporting accountants on day to day processes and during the month end close. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing financial/analytical support to the Assistant Vice Presidents (AVP) and Regional Vice Presidents of Surgery Partners for all surgery centers assigned to Central Accounting. This position will assist the AVPs and RVPs with financial operations, monthly analytical reviews, identification of areas for improvement, and the maintenance of a proper internal control environment for assigned centers. Accounting Managers are supervisors to both senior and analyst/accountants.
Supervisory duties include reviewing detailed journal entries and monthly closing binders prepared by accountants; participating in the interview and hiring process for new accountants; conducting department orientation and training sessions; delegating assignments and projects; being a mentor to new and current accountants, evaluating employees to acknowledge good work as well as taking disciplinary actions under the supervision of the AVP of Central Accounting; and responding to and finding solutions to problems within the department.
- Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Has obtained an extensive knowledge of financial/accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrates necessary skills related to existing financial accounting, patient accounting, and payroll software to operate efficiently
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office including EXCEL, WORD, and OUTLOOK
- Maintains regular attendance habits
- Has initiative, resourcefulness, analytical ability, problem solving skills, and has the ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with all groups and individuals
- Must be able to communicate articulately, comprehend written and verbal communications; and must be able to function efficiently in stressful work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work non-standard hours, as necessary
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a given time, including during deadline periods
- Ability to travel as needed with expectation that travel will be
- Ability to lead, supervise and train others within department