DESCRIPTION: South Suburban PADS seeks motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team in helping to eliminate homelessness in the south suburbs of Cook County.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, some of the work may be conducted from home and employees will have staggered office schedules to facilitate greater social distancing at the office.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the disbursing, receipting and journal entries of funds.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain coded, initialed approval on invoices from Chicago Heights and CCHWC and/or authorized designee.
2. Prepare a batch of approved A/P checks on a weekly basis for signature and dispersal
3. Enter disbursements in Fund EZ and print checks to be paid.
4. Resolve vendor inquiries and ensure timely payment of open items.
B. Receipting of Revenues
1. Process checks and credit card payments for deposits into bank accounts.
2. Prepare, Review and Post all cash receipting into Fund EZ to correct accounts.
3. Review, verify and enter Contributions into system.
4. Assist Director with Accounts Receivable management, including collections
C. Other Duties
1. Filing of the receipting, payables, journal entries, monthly closing reports and supporting documentation into binders.
2. Answer inquiries by email or phone.
3. Review program expenses on a monthly basis to ensure proper matching
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. College level accounting courses
3. 2 years of experience in accounts payables or related activity
4. 1 year of accounting software experience, preferably Fund-EZ
1. Quick and accurate data entry skills.
2. Good judgment.
3. Flexibility and the willingness to learn.
4. Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self starter.
5. An excellent attention to detail.
6. A positive attitude and customer service orientation.
7. A strong personal conviction for the mission of SSPADS.
8. An ability to work with confidential material.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do light physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for lengthy periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is infrequently required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch; but frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands, as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.
South Suburban PADS is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that is working to prevent and end homelessness in the south suburbs of Chicago. Over the past 30 years, the organization has provided shelter and meals to enable over 18,000 people to survive homelessness. In addition, South Suburban PADS provides pathways home and currently helps over 400 people to preserve or access affordable rental homes every year. South Suburban PADS is the proud recipient of the 2018 Bank of America Neighborhood Builders Award.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Staff work from home to the extent possible, social distance and wear masks in the office, and are protected by plastic barriers.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Accounts payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place