Company & Property Description:
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Must be a self-starter, comfortable working with minimal supervision, must be detail-oriented, time management skills, analytic and problem-solving abilities, and prioritization skills required. Must be adaptable and open to learning new tasks. Team-oriented enjoys interaction with co-workers.
Meet the needs of our managers and employees by providing quick and accurate service in a professional manner. Performs a variety of accounting duties according to established company policies and procedures. Posts appropriate entries in accounting, point of sale and property management systems. Prepares reports and reconciliations, and performs other accounting duties as required.
Core Responsibilities :
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Daily update of internal spreadsheets
- Reviewing the output of financial reports for accuracy
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices as needed
- Assist with physical inventory counts as needed
- Prepare intercompany invoices/bills as needed
- Prepare complete folio recaps for group billing as needed
- Daily filing of all paperwork
- Assist with Accounts Receivable follow up via phone and email
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Critical and forward-thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and professionally
- Bright and enthusiastic demeanor that is approachable to coworkers
- Ability to work together as part of a departmental team and as a greater hotel team
- Proficiency in computers and information technology
- Capable of lifting objects up to 25 pounds
- Strong communication and analytical skills with proven ability to work with clients while creating positive relationships on behalf of the company
- Strong math/accounting aptitude and related audit skills
- Ability to multitask and meet timelines as related to department responsibilities
- Experience using Google Chrome and Google Apps
- Knowledge of Google Sheets is a must, knowledge of Excel is a plus
- – Comfortable using Email – spelling and grammar matter
- Familiarity with reading a paycheck stub when assisting team members
- 25-40 hours per week between 9-5, hours are flexible
- Not a “work from home” position
- Comfortable using the phone to follow up with outstanding guest bills
- High School diploma or equivalent required
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.