Hammerton is a leading American designer/manufacturer of custom decorative lighting for the hospitality, commercial and residential markets. We are known as a major design innovator in our industry, and were rapidly growing. Our in-house blown and kiln-fired glass capabilities, combined with our expertise in metal fabrication and machining, make us uniquely capable of addressing the needs of the design industrys most discerning clients. Hammerton lighting can be found in leading five-star hotels and resorts, award-winning restaurants and many of the most beautiful homes in North America.
Summary of the Position
The Accountant position is responsible for processing accounts receivables and payables, account reconciliations, and month-end closings. This position will work closely with the accounting team to achieve company goals.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
General Ledger / Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and post bi-weekly Paycom payroll and daily cash receipts
- Review GAAP memoranda from our auditing team and implement the required accounting treatment.
- Ensure journal entries are correctly prepared, documented, and posted.
- Monitor and review open: A/P vendor activity & A/R customer activity.
- Prepare, organize and complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Conduct Period-over-Period expense analysis
Internal controls & Processes:
- Ensure proper preparation for all audits.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Challenge, document, and streamline accounting processes for accuracy and efficiency wherever possible.
- Produce ad hoc reports and analyses as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned