If you are looking to be part of a dynamic organization that is experiencing substantial growth, we want you a part of our team! We are looking for a sharp, motivated and experienced individual that comes fully equipped with a self-starter drive and “let’s make it happen” attitude. The ideal candidate must thrive in working in an entrepreneurial type environment, has a BA or BS in accounting and a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Prepare month/quarter/year end closes, cash reconciliations, cash and revenue journal entries, and assist with/ prepare other journals and reconciliations as needed.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and update documentation as necessary.
- Create reports and document analysis for management review.
- Gain a deep understanding of the business model to review and analyze key financial metrics.
- Prepare financial statements, and various reports for internal accounting and auditing
- Research and analyze fluctuations between current financial results compared to prior year, prior month, and budgeted amounts
- Recommend changes in accounting systems and procedures
- Assist with and manage special projects as needed.
2–5 years’ experience in aforementioned areas accounting (with emphasis for experience with accounting for basic revenue and cash);
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in the month end close process and reconciliations.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity.
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner.
- Experience with and/or exposure to multiple accounting systems
- Industry experience at a transportation and/or tech company a plus.
Wage, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Happy hours/recreational room/free coffee
- Flexible work schedules (subject to manager approval)
Our vision is to create technology solutions to eliminate barriers, build seamless connections and industry partnerships within the shipping universe.
Building a flexible, modular, integratable and scalable shipping platform that empowers carriers and drivers to move the vehicle loads from Brokers, Auctions and Dealerships.
- Commit to exceptional standards of service with responsiveness, approachability and take ownership of delighting customers
- We are passionate about fulfilling our responsibilities towards a unified purpose by lifting each other
- We are exceptional individuals with positive attitudes and pride ourselves on being able to work with all skill-levels and global mindset while making each other better to achieve company goals
- Our Avant-garde mindset creates breakthrough creativity and leads change that is fuelled by an unwavering commitment to our Vision and Mission
- Our leadership style is simple; we invest in people, lead by example, encourage creativity and empower each other
Ship.cars is an Equal Opportunity Employer
-No Recruiters, Please-
Local candidates only.
Must be able to travel to our Rolling Meadows office
Remote applicants will not be considered.